Date of implementation 02 June 2022 | Last Updated 01 June 2022
The Foundation for Human Resources Development in a voluntary organisation duly registered with VO number VO/0294 (hereinafter referred to as FHRD or Controller) FHRD has its registered office at No.5, Clock Tower Building, Tigne’ Point, Sliema TP01, Malta.
This Privacy Notice is intended to help you understand why and how we may use information that relates to you. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. FHRD is committed to respecting your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta (the ‘Act’).
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register your interest in any service FHRD provides, we may ask for your contact details, including personal information such as name, identity card number, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
FHRD follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, the FHRD’s website uses ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. We use both first party cookies, i.e. cookies set by our website as well as third-party cookies from external organisations for external services like analytics. In order to view some of our pages, you need to accept cookies from external organisations.
Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at [email protected]
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
FHRD does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
FHRD warrants that it shall keep this Privacy Notice under regular review. Any changes and updates shall be made available on this website, and the date of such updates shall be communicated through our website.