This MQF Level 5 accredited programme will enable individuals to be familiar with and understand the dynamics of Maltese Employment Law through theoretical as well as practical knowledge. Individuals will be able to connect daily issues encountered when dealing with employees to the legal basis of employment and ancillary legislation.
Participants will be covering areas related to:
- Through interactive participation this programme will enable participants to:
- Identify different types of employment contracts
- Define employment conditions such as wages, vacation leave, sick leave etc.
- Define what constitutes discrimination and harassment.
- Define the process of employment termination.
- Hold sound knowledge of labour law in general and milestone judgements of the court.
- Identify the basic health and safety requirements at the workplace
- Identify the do’s and don’t on employee data processing
- Identify the immigration requirements for foreign employees
- Apply their knowledge in day-to-day fulfillment of HR related duties such as queries relating to conditions of employment
- Identify and better manage conflict in the workplace such as terminations, dismissals and redundancies
- Appreciate the dynamics that are involved in decisions relating to employment matters.
- Identify and manage issues pertaining to discrimination and harassment at the work place.
This programme is for individuals who are looking to develop their knowledge and skills in the field of HRM and Training. Those new to the field of HRM and Training or who have just started working in the field. The programme is also targeted at supervisors/managers who seek to expand their knowledge in the field of people management.
- Mode of Delivery: Fully face-to-face
- Location: FHRD 5, Clock Tower Building Tigne’ Point, Sliema TP01, Malta
- Number of Modules: Two
- Mode of Attendance: Part-time
- Programme Duration: 6 sessions of 2 hours each held twice weekly
- Next Intake: Q2, 2022
- Language: English