Organisations are placing a greater emphasis on their performance management systems as a means of generating higher levels of job performance. Successful organisations know that growth and success in today’s highly competitive global economy are largely dependent on the ability to attract, develop and retain talented and productive employees. Performance management is a critical aspect of organisational effectiveness.
Leading organisations get their competitive edge from a performance management system that helps them recruit and retain talented people for the right positions, align their individual performance with the organisation’s business strategy, develop employees’ abilities, and reward performance commensurate with contributions to the organisation’s success.
Performance management is the key process through which work is accomplished and should therefore be a top priority for managers. However, one cannot discuss the enhancement of the performance management process without considering employee engagement. To facilitate the performance management process is to focus on employee engagement as a driver of increased performance. To this end the development of an employee engagement strategy is crucial in promoting the occurrence of increased performance. Although employee engagement is a relatively new concept it has been receiving increasing attention as a key determinant of performance whilst good performance management facilitates employee engagement.
This programme is best suited for individuals who have grown into supervisory/managerial positions and who are keen to complement their technical skills with a plethora of management skills:
- HR practitioners or managers new to performance management and employee engagement with limited knowledge on the subject matter.
- Professionals who help create and implement performance management and/or employee engagement strategies and would like a broader understanding of the field and what can be achieved.
- Professionals involved at a strategic level and would like to produce vigorous and measurable performance management systems and employee engagement strategies.
- Mode of Delivery: Fully face-to-face
- Location: FHRD 5, Clock Tower Building Tigne’ Point, Sliema TP01, Malta
- Number of Modules: Three
- Mode of Attendance: Part-time
- Programme Duration: 9 sessions of 5 hours each
- Next Intake: 2023
- Language: English