Guest blog post by FHRD Member, MAPFRE.
Current Pensions Landscape and Future Sustainability
In the ever-evolving landscape of financial planning and security, pensions have emerged as a crucial topic of discussion for both individuals and organisations. Recognising this, MAPFRE Middlesea is proud to announce its upcoming conference in collaboration with the University of Malta, where we will delve into the “Pensions Plans: Current Pensions Landscape and Future Sustainability.” Set to take place on the 27th of October at Valletta Campus, this conference promises to be an enriching event, bringing together experts and stakeholders to address pressing issues in the realm of pensions.
The Significance of Pensions:
Pensions play a pivotal role in securing a financially stable retirement for individuals while also allowing employers to invest in their employees’ future, thereby enhancing their competitiveness in a demanding job market. With the ambitious VOPS (Voluntary Occupational Pension Scheme) initiative on the horizon, it’s crucial to explore the current state of pensions in Malta and chart a course towards future sustainability.
MAPFRE Middlesea conference boasts an exciting agenda, featuring prominent speakers and experts who will shed light on various aspects of pensions:
- Keynote Speakers:
- Petra Ellul Mercer & Adrian Sacco (Ministry of Social Policy)
- David Spiteri Gingell & Dr. Patrick Ring
- Bernard Attard, and Victoria Muscat (PwC)
- Eduardo Ripolles de la Pena & Gonzalo de Cadenas (MAPFRE CESGA and MAPFRE Economics)
- Discussion Panel:
- Marthese Portelli (Malta Chamber of Commerce)
- Simon Azzopardi (BOV)
- Amongst others
- Conference Opener:
- Dr Gordon Cordina, MMSV/BOV Chairman and Prof Albert Vella, rector of the University of Malta will deliver the welcome speeches.
The conference will address the following key areas:
- Current State of Pensions: An exploration of the existing pensions system in Malta
- Outlook for Pensions: A discussion of pensions in light of local and international economic and regulatory developments.
- ESG Challenges: An examination of the challenges faced in achieving compliance with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria.
- Proposals for Sustainability: Through keynote speeches and panel discussions, the conference will put forth proposals for strengthening the sustainability and adequacy of pensions in Malta.
This conference caters to a diverse audience, including:
- Professionals from the insurance and banking sectors
- Financial services providers
Importantly, this conference offers an opportunity to earn 4 Core CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Hours for Life Insurance and Accounts. These CPD hours are accredited by MARM (Malta Association of Risk Management) on behalf of FERMA (Federation of European Risk Management Associations), making it a valuable event for professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills.
“Pensions Plans: Current Pensions Landscape and Future Sustainability” conference organised by MAPFRE Middlesea, in collaboration with the University of Malta and BOV, promises to be an informative and thought-provoking event. It serves as a platform for dialogue and learning, aiming to shape the future of pensions in Malta and ensure financial security for individuals and organisations alike. Mark your calendars for the 27th of October and join us at Valletta Campus for this exciting conference. Together, we can navigate the path towards a sustainable pension future.
For registration you may access to the website https://www.um.edu.mt/events/pensionplan2023/
Find also some details on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mapfremiddlesea_the-pensions-plan-current-schemes-future-activity-7109866996405579776-ETVn?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
Or facebook: https://fb.watch/nmuCyhwkFh/